Monday

Lego 8010 Darth Vader Star Wars Collectable Figure

I am not a great fan of the Lego Technic versions of Star Wars (they also have sets to build a Storm Trooper – looks a bit goofy, R2D2, C-3PO and others) – but once I saw a completed build of the super villain in Star Wars , the dark Sith called – Darth Vader I changed my mind. The 8010 Darth Vader set is from the year 2002 has around 400 Technic pieces comes with a real cloth cape and plenty of moving parts and a really cool Lightsaber. Darth Vaders head and helmet looks fantastic! Originally it was around the $40 mark but now it sells for at least a hundred more.

But this is not for the beginner Star Wars Lego builder. The directions to build Lord Vader are advanced and the parts a little hard to construct. Considering how simple it is to put together most of the Lego Star Wars sets, this Technic Darth Vader 8010 kit should presents a bit of a challenge for some children (and adults too I suppose) who love building Lego but want to move to the next level.

“He’s more machine now … twisted and evil” That’s what Old Ben Kenobi (Obi Wan Kenobi) told Luke in the great Star Wars movie Return of the Jedi when he was describing Darth Vader “But I can still feel good in him”. But he could’ve been talking about the Lego Star Wars: Darth Vader 8010 set. Fantastic .. hard to build but a great set, a real Lego collectible.!

If you want free instructions on how to build the 8010 Darth Vader Lego set and a parts list, head to Peeron

star wars lego collectables darth vader 8010 cape  star wars lego collectables darth vader 8010 instructions

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello

My name is Gavin du Venage. I am a business journalist, working for a paper in the Middle East. I thought it would be fun to do a piece on how the value of collectible lego pieces compared to that of the Dow Jones Industrial Average.
As such, I hoped to get the original price of the STAR WARS LEGO 8010 DARTH VADER.
Thank you. My mail address is gavinduvenage@gmail.com

Star Wars Lego Collectables said...

Gavin, the original price was $39 in 2002 now it is around the $80 range.